daring baker's strudel challenge

So this monthly daring  baker's challenge is well... a little late and a little on the rough side, sorry guys I was pushed for time, time is running so much quicker these days!  With the help of a very impatient  six year old, my dough was a bit thick, and well not quite that flaky.  But we did have fun and enjoyed our little mini strudels... they still tasted pretty good, so I shouldn't complain! I'm sure if I had more time I could have done it right.  So here's to my blueberry-rhubarb little strudel's and where this May 2009 Daring Bakers’ Challenge is brought to us by Linda of make life sweeter!and Courtney of Coco Cooks.

Find the recipe for the strudel dough here.
Hope you all had a great weekend!

Comments

Dewi said…
Well, I am sure your little helper is very proud with her hard work. It look SUPERB Ash!
Elyse said…
Aww, I think your strudel looks awesome! And I love the idea of a blueberry filling. How delicious! Those little strudel-lets are just precious. Yum!
apparentlyjessy said…
I am keen on blueberries and strudel's, so I would even be willing to try rhubarb again (something I havent done since I was a kid) cause these look delicious!
Valerie Gamine said…
Blueberries and rhubarb together must be quite the combo! I think that based on your pictures they look beautiful.
Lucy said…
I think your strudels look glorious - with that delicious sounding blueberry-rhubarb filling I could probably polish them all up, very happily in no time. Beautiful :D
Blueberry and rhubarb is a great filling combination. Your little strudels look beautiful!
Hilary said…
My attempt was not hugely successful either. Yours actually remind me of McDonald's individual apple pies - in a GOOD way (I love those things)!
Ash said…
yeah they do kind of look like McDonald's individual pies - I love em too.. especially the strawberry!
Amanda said…
I love the contrast of the dark berries and the golden strudel. No one would ever know you made these in a rush. :)

Popular Posts