muffins & marshmallows

   Hellllooo everyone!   Weekends are great and believe me I love them just as much as the next person, from its lazy days, the sleepy days and the baking days, weekends are the time to do things without all the haste. So for my weekend exploits I thought I get some much needed baking in.  I've been dying to make homemade marshmallows and after a failing smoked-out attempt with a friend have finally mastered the vanilla fluffy goodness. I was quite happy to find just how easy marshmallows are to make. There was some avid staring at the boiling sugar as to not burn...   and they are a bit messy, but oh so worth it!
    Then there was some muffin making.  Now these are muffins of the odd sort, but pretty darn delicious.  These muffins are sweet, cheesy, and just plain wonderful. The sharp cheddar and mellow honey are a delight and will very well be made again in this house. Hope you all had a great weekend!

If you're looking for the marshmallow recipe check out this great site.

Comments

Chef Chuck said…
They look wonderful, so soft. I would like to try this one day. Maybe a weekend! And the muffins look and sound
delightful! Honey, yumm.
Anonymous said…
Oooh these marshmallows look supercool :-). I'm gonna give them a try too :-)!
ComidaDeMama said…
Bravo! Your blog is stunnig!
You handle light very well and I a-d-o-r-e your wooden background. Not to mention your muffins
Ciao bella!
Vanillaorchid said…
hmmmm...cheese & honey, I would love to have some of your muffins!! They look yummy yummy.

Also the marshmallow look soft,I'm imagine having them with hot chocolate!!

Thank you for stopping by my blog. :)

Ciao.
Andrea said…
Your marshmallows are so pillowy perfect! And the pictures are beautiful!
Lucy said…
Just discovered your blog after you found mine :P - and was greeted by those pillowy soft marshmallows! MArshmallows to me are one of those things you don't think you can ever make at home - you just buy. However, after seeing yours I am tempted!
Helene said…
The top photo is just perfect! Sorry I have been MIA with comments but I have been keeping up as much as I could.

Popular Posts